What do 220,000 Manitobans have in common?
German Culture, Heritage and Language
The German-Canadian Congress, a non-sectarian organization, established to cultivate and promote the language, culture and customs of German-Canadians, within the scope of Canadian Multiculturalism.
Aims and Objectives of the Congress
- To cultivate and promote the German language and the culture and customs of German-Canadians within the scope of Canadian Multiculturalism.
- To foster cooperation among German-Canadians and to promote a better understanding of their common cultural heritage.
- To disseminate information to all Canadians relating to the many positive contributions by German-Canadians to Canadian Society.
- To promote and encourage the participation and contribution of German-Canadians in public affairs and civic life.
- To disseminate information and news to the benefit of the German-Canadian community.
- To establish a fund for charitable purposes, for the benefit of the aims of multiculturalism and the support of German language education and other recognized charitable purposes carried out by various German-Canadian organizations.